Director, Leasing - East Region
Skills (Desired Abilities):
- Should have an excellent knowledge of Regional Mall Development with an extensive knowledge of the shopping center industry, and leasing, plus the overall ability to use tact and discretion to achieve his or her purposes.
- Must have well-developed management skills.
- In addition, he or she must remain knowledgeable about the fast-moving developments in the retailing and merchandising fields.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Regular, predictable attendance
- Ability to work in stressful environment
- Ability to work peacefully with co-workers
- Performs duties on other job duties as assigned
Areas of Responsibility
Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Directs, develops and coordinates leasing strategies and growth for mall leasing.
- Makes leasing phone calls to assigned tenants.
- Makes arrangements and meets with prospective tenants for Metro projects.
- Prospects for new tenants in retail, manufacturing or related industries.
- Interacts with Legal on leasing proposals.
- Responsible for making contacts with appropriate officials within the community in order to enhance the marketing prospects of retailers in regions.
- Oversees direction for renewals on existing tenant portfolios.
- Assists Sr. VP in budget preparation for department.
- Follows-up on phone calls and visits with paper correspondence.
- Negotiates business economics and terms of new leases.
- Assists in the development of re-merchandising new and existing Metro projects.
- Studies demographics and local region in respect to Shopping Center.
- Interacts with the Marketing Department with respect to Metro projects.
- Maintains and updates contact management program (tenant database).
- Type’s correspondence, proposals, Letters of Intent, and lease requests.
- Remains knowledgeable of retail tenants’ growth and changing strategies.
- Reads all industry journals and related publications.
- Establishes goals and objectives as it relates to proforma, occupancy levels, and tenant mix.
Education / Experience Requirements
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Marketing, or related field.