Shelby’s Sugar Shop is a sweet curation by Washington Prime Group. Shelby’s Sugar Shop is a colorful, curious and dynamic environment that will delight children and adults alike.
Love candy? Love bringing joy to guests? Love selling? Love training and developing associates? Then you may LOVE this role.
The Sales Lead, Shelby’s Sugar Shop is responsible for supporting the Store Manager will overall execution of the brand/guest experience, retail operations and sales performance of their respective store. The Sales Lead has a customer-first mindset, loves engaging with guests and takes great pride telling the brand story. This role demonstrates enthusiasm for servicing customers is proficient in sales and selling tactics. They effectively manage and develop a store team/individual associates to drive an overall positive brand/guest experience that drives conversion. This role is a key holder and responsible for the talent, sales and retail operations of their respective shift. The sales lead reports directly into the Store Manager is accountable for executing to their direction.
Areas of Responsibility
- Coaches store team on Shelby’s safety, service model, selling behaviors and cash wrap experience, inclusive of POS system
- The Sales Leader serves as a role model for their associates
- Coaches, develops and performance manages associates
- Executes daily cleaning and housekeeping standards
- Executes Activation Guides / Floor sets as directed by Store Manager: Windows, Easel, Interior Visual Merchandising, POS and Display
- Executes all Signage/POS as directed
- Educates associates on product assortment and knowledge
- Models Shelby’s service and selling model
- Educates and coaches service and selling behaviors, inclusive of sampling, upsell and add-on’s
- Models and enforces dress code as directed by Corporate
- Maintains exceptional cleanliness and safety standards
- Executes all daily opening and closing checklists as directed, inclusive of security measures affialited with being a key holder
- Executes sanitation practices in accordance to State/County health regulations
- Maintains cash wrap organization and ensures POS accuracy
- Perform banking functions as directed by Store Manager
- Receives shipments daily and records inventory, receipt reconciliation as directed by Store Manager
- Maintains stockroom organization
- Conducts inventory exercises as directed by Store Manager
- Effectively facilitates new product to the sales floor and densifies floor through daily product replenishment based on sell-through
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) to meet the demands of the business
- Ability to stand for long durations
- A highly professional approach and appearance, that includes dress code as directed
- Ability to work in fast-pace retail environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers
- Effective communication skills
Education / Experience Requirements
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Retail Experience in a similar capacity is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing 2-4 associates
- Knowledge of POS Systems and Applications
Washington Prime Group is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and equality. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our associates bring to their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but also, our reputation and our company’s achievements.
How to Apply
Click HERE to Apply!