Leader In Training
At Buckle, we target fashionable, friendly, energetic individuals who thrive in a competitive culture. As a Leader in Training, you’ll become a valuable contributor to the retail team by driving sales and developing relationships, while building your resume and growing in your career. You will also be working directly with the Store Manager and Leadership Team to recruit new Teammates and provide leadership to the store. As a Buckle Teammate, you will receive flexible scheduling, 40% discount, and a great place to develop the skills that will allow you to succeed both personally and professionally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This description intends to describe the general nature and level of work performed by Teammates assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties, responsibilities and qualifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sales Generation and Guest Service
- Greet Guests with a friendly, engaging attitude, and is consistently prepared to provide legendary service to each Guest
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on Guest needs and desires
- Anticipate and fulfill Guest’s needs by suggesting additional items and creating a wardrobing experience
- Demonstrate product utilizing product knowledge and sales education, consistently sharing that knowledge and education with Team
- Maintain and share knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices
- Remain consistent on personal sales, as well as looking for opportunities to impact Teammates’ presentations with the Sales Presentation Guide (SPG)
- Achieve personal sales-per-hour, average sales and total net sales goals set by Store Management
- Provide legendary service throughout the store in these top four areas: Front 5, sales floor, fitting rooms, and the register area
- Knowledgeable of all exchange and return procedures for Guests and exhibit the ability to turn into a showmanship opportunity
- Fill out and effectively use the Sales Presentation Guide (SPG) daily to accomplish goals
- Meets or above performance standards in all Buckle business builders and guest loyalty including fit appointments, Buckle credit card and guest connect.
- Investigate and navigate how to expand Guest selection through inventory Manager, advanced product search, iPad apps, etc.
- Maintain and build good Guest relationships to develop a client based business
- Lead by example with a high level of showmanship, excellent customer service and attentiveness
- Recognize and communicate Guest Levels with the Team
- Passion to ask business driven and showmanship questions often to Manager, Team Leaders and all Teammates
- Coachable – allows Manager to educate them in their sales presentation
- Consistently perform leadership actions and maintain high standards, whether or not the Manager is present
Teammate Recruiting, Training and Development
- Consistently recognize recruiting opportunities by utilizing Jobs & Careers cards, email referrals and Teammate Recommend
- Develop skills and assist in leading, directing, motivating and educating new Teammates to meet and achieve Buckle’s accountability, shift orientation, Loss Prevention and sales presentation standards on a daily basis
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times creating a positive floor culture
- Demonstrate personal dress code to encourage and coach the latest fashion in all Teammates and Team Leaders
- Participate effectively in daily setup, training, impacting and reviewing while effectively utilizing the Performance Tracker
- Motivate Teammates to initiate and complete daily tasks
- Personal passion to demonstrate, coach, and influence results of denim showmanship and denim fit cards through Teammates and Guests
- Create and develop results in your department and balance all DM actions within your segment as well as completing the mid-week check in
- Demonstrate leadership actions during segment:
- Awareness of Guests in the store and ensure they are being helped
- Demonstrate how to get the Guest involved with product
- Be vocal and continuously update fellow leader and Team
- Responsible for getting Guest names
- Understanding and working guys side/gals side to benefit both Teammates and Guests
Visual Merchandise Management
- Own and influence product through zone ownership:
- Product knowledge, placement, passion, preference
- Weekly Checklist
- Life cycle of product
- Track Results
- Be able to recognize and assign Zones and projects to Teammates daily with a specific learning goal in mind
- Confirm Teammates are following through with Visual Standards, Visual library and Weekly Visual Checklist throughout their shift with a sense of urgency and accountability
- Ability to execute and demonstrate all new tools and videos that apply to zone ownership and take initiative in knowing and executing zone ownership questions
- Show aptitude in recognizing merchandising opportunities from freight to floor and life cycle of product, communicating recommendations and solutions to Store Manager
- Give informational and influential store tours
- Ensure sales floor is consistently sized and new freight is appropriately displayed
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include mornings, evenings, and weekends, and the day of/day after Thanksgiving and Christmas, based upon store and business needs
- Understand and utilize planner including completion of Opening and Closing Checklists
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations
- Follow all Loss Prevention guidelines, including daily bag and purse checks
- Ability to execute and teach all Point of Sale (“POS”) procedures
- Appropriately handle calls from Corporate Office
- Know Buckle guidelines when handling returns and exchanges
- Maintain positive attitude when dealing with challenging situations that involve Guests or Teammates
- Understand and execute all policies regarding payments, exchanges and Loss Prevention practices
- Ability to navigate and execute all tools on the home page
- Knowledge and ability to give guidance and feedback to all non-sales positions
- Complete all scheduled shifts and cover shifts when needed
- Provide feedback to Store Manager and Leadership Team regarding merchandise handling concerns
- Communicate any policy violations and Teammate or Guest concerns to Store Manager, District Manager, and/or Human Resources in a timely, confidential manner
- Consistently maintain a clean, organized, and shoppable store to fulfill Buckle’s mission statement
- Understand and apply the Buckle’s Code of Ethics and all Buckle’s policies, procedures, and handbooks
Supervisory and Leadership
- Comfortable in in giving and receiving feedback from peers and Management
- Supportive of Leadership
- Promote personal and store growth
- Demonstrate and maintain a professional, mature and stable relationship with all Teammates
- Fulfill mission statement by performing job duties with a high level of customer service while contributing to a positive team spirit
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related retail experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Teammate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and jump; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The Teammate is occasionally required to sit. Physical ability to lift and maneuver 30lbs throughout the store and backroom. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the Teammate regularly works in a retail store setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Buckle is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified Teammates from the available workforce in the communities we serve.